New Kmart Winter haul


Kmart is a bit of an institution in Australia. It's budget friendly, has some great home decor and there is great opportunity for making the items your own with a little DIY.

Being a renter I love the range of stick on and temporary items that Kmart sells. I don't have to break the bank to buy them which means that when I move I don't have to worry about how much I am leaving behind or removing.


What's new for Winter at Kmart

I'm really excited about the new items coming through at the moment. So much that I have seen overseas in America and Canada in their homewares are finally starting to trickle through. 

Chalk paint

This is really expensive to buy in Australia usually. You only need a small amount to give a piece of furniture a facelift for that great French provincial look. I have only seen black and white at Kmart so far but it's promising for future colors and for just $10 for 500ml it's a great buy. Might have to find a bedside table at the tip shop to try it out on. 



Arch rug - extra large


Finding affordable and cute rugs can be hard. Most are thin and cheap looking and get kicked around the house by small people. This rug is thick and lush and the texture on the pattern elevates it to such a warm inviting rug for winter and still bright and welcoming for summer. It's selling for $129 for 270x180cm which is a fair deal.


Rattan shoe cabinet


Shoe cabinets have been really popular at IKEA but I was never a fan of the finish on them. This warm and inviting rattan one is a much more inviting option for an entry way at $119. For me this seems a little pricy but I seem to always think that things are expensive and looking at current inflation prices this is actually quite on the mark. If I end out moving shortly this will be coming home with me for my narrow entryway. 

Soap dispenser


this might seem like an odd thing to be excited about but I always wonder what's lurking on my foaming soap dispenser in the bathroom. If you have kids you get this. With cold and flu (and covid) season upon us I'm getting two of these, one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen at $29 each its a bargain to just buy soap refills.

Adhesive tiles


these come in a range of styles from plain white subway to these amazing green scale. I'm never one for plain so these are just an amazing hack for renters. Each pack comes with 5 30x30cm stick on sheets for $26. They are even textured to look like the real deal. Great to stick on old bathroom, toilet, laundry or kitchen areas then peel them off when you leave. Also great for those who like me change their mind a lot and redecorate often, no need to replace tiles every time, just make these temporary changes and remove and redecorate when ever you like.




Adhesive vinyl - Eucalyptus


Kmart have sold adhesive vinyl for a while now but I never liked any of the designs. They stocked marble and wood look varieties but nothing that really struck me as wanting to be on show. I have seen people use these as drawer and shelf liners, kitchen bench covers (removeable for renters) and as wall paper. A word of warning though, these are not designed specifically for walls so do a small test area over a few weeks to ensure it removes cleanly for your walls. These come in 2mx45cm rolls for just $3.75 a roll! I'm loving the eucalyptus print for a statement piece, and the chalkboard for that feature wall strip or even on the fridge.



Ceramic saucepan


Finally we have their range of ceramic saucepans. I have a love hate relationship with cookware. Most of mine loses its lustre quickly and becomes battered and flaky. The ceramic range is non stick and just looks amazing especially if you are a blogger or social media user your food pics will look great from any angle. This pot is $20 for a 20cm pan, $18 for the 28cm frypan, but there are many other options available. They are suitable for use on electric, gas, ceramic, halogen and induction cooktops. The hands is wood look bakealite so not suitable to go in the oven.  



Do you have any go too Kmart items? I will post again when I get these beauties into my home and show off how great these look in use. 












 





Powered by Blogger.