Baking and homeschooling in quarantine

Many lovely days spent at home. We baked many doughnuts and froze them (obviously we aren't eating 20 doughnuts in a week). We painted botany lessons on the window and investigated where the batteries go in the excavator. The days seem short even though my body hasn't gotten the message that I don't have to get up at 7:30am...



My work has redeployed me to an area who needs more staff, fingers crossed I can work from home as schools are closed term 2 now too. I would hate to send Rue to a different school when he only just started in February, that would be such a confusing and stressful thing for him amongst so much uncertainty. But I am one of the lucky ones as I'm the only one in my friend group who is still working. For that I am very thankful.



I have also ordered a few books and resources for our home which I hope will make learning more fun for both of us. I'm not doing strict homeschooling but this is such an important time where Rue would be learning the foundations of reading so I'm teaching him what I can and working with the (rather boring) resources his school makes available online. He is off with his dad for a week at the moment as we are in school holidays and im working from home for the week as well as preparing some activities and learning for next term.


What does your home look like at the moment?
Powered by Blogger.